The SNIA has developed methods which enable manufacturers to set, and customers to compare, the performance specifications of Solid State Storage devices, which are evolving with the state of the technology. These specifications define a set of device level tests and methodologies which enable comparative testing of SSS devices for Enterprise and Client systems.
Until recently, there had been no widely accepted test methodology for measuring SSS device performance. So each SSS manufacturer utilized different measurement methodologies to derive performance specs for their SSS products. Thus it’s been difficult for buyers to fairly compare the performance specifications of SSS products from different manufacturers. The SSS PTS defines a suite of tests and test methodologies to measure the performance characteristics of SSS products. The SSS PTS provides performance measurements that may be fairly compared to those of other SSS products measured the same way in the same environment.
The SSS PTS consists of two separate, precisely targeted specifications for Enterprise and Client.
Click here for Enterprise PTS
Click here for Client PTS
For More Information
• Get details about www.snia.org/forums/sssi/about/ SSSI.
• Track SSSI activities on Twitter twitter.com/SNIASolidState.
• Check out the updates on the news and events www.snia.org/forums/sssi/news/ page.
• Visit the Knowledge Center www.snia.org/forums/sssi/knowledge for a full range of resources on solid state storage topics.
• Go to the SSSI Blog www.sniasssiblog.org/ .
• Learn about SSSI’s programs www.snia.org/forums/sssi/programs/.
• Join www.snia.org/forums/sssi/about/join/ SSSI.
• Other questions? Send them to email@example.com.